Join Our Team
Yakkety Yak is one of Chicago’s fastest growing Content Marketing Agencies, and we’re looking for an outgoing, experienced and creative content enthusiast to join our team as Copyeditor. Based in Chicago’s West Loop, we are offering the right candidate the chance to work for a dynamic business in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving.
About the Role
Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of content, and experience writing and editing compelling copy and blog posts that achieve business goals. Content initiatives include copy for blogs, social media, websites, marketing materials and newsletters. Copyeditor will also participate in video and multimedia initiatives.
This candidate will work in conjunction with the content team and senior copywriter. The ideal candidate has worked in an Agency setting, has 3-5 years of experience, an aptitude for writing, and a BS in English, Communication, or Marketing
- Edit blog posts and premium content from freelance contributors and staff writers across multiple client accounts
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as case studies, email marketing campaigns and other premium content
- Ability to write various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our client’s blogs, when needed
- Keep projects on task and on brand
- Ability to pivot content strategy based on engagement and other metrics
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions when needed
- Edit social media and email newsletter copy as well as provide feedback on visuals/graphics for industry and company-specific tone, voice, and brand across multiple client accounts
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar that seeks to improve blog strategies/tactics across multiple client accounts and meet that calendar’s deadlines
- Develop blog storylines and improve blog strategies/tactics across multiple client accounts by working alongside Accounts and Analytics teams to make sure client goals align with content initiative
Yakkety Yak is a fast-paced, startup environment where marketing and editorial excellence is considered a core competency and employees are expected to continually improve upon this excellence. The ideal candidate for this position has the following:
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework (journalism, communications, English, marketing)
- A background of writing and editing, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience with writing and managing engaging social media content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, manage a team of writers, and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions without close supervision
- Hubspot Inbound Certification (required upon first day if hired)
- Hubspot Content Marketing Training
- Basic understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- WordPress and SquareSpace knowledge
- Experienced in SEO and organic marketing
- Email automation in platforms including Constant Contact, MailChimp and HubSpot
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a Chicago-based, full-service content marketing agency that produces custom written content for businesses, including blogs, website copy, case studies, newsletters, social media marketing, public relations and more. Our goal is to be an extension of each client’s marketing team, helping connect them to end-users and decision influencers, based on the principle of one common voice, for one target audience. With our client’s target audience in mind, we generate custom written content for any organization trying to stay relevant and send a clear message.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website
We can't wait to hear from you!