Graphic Design Intern
Join Our Team
Yakkety Yak is Chicago’s fastest growing Content Marketing Agency, and we’re looking for a creative enthusiast to join our team as a Graphic Design Intern. Based in Chicago’s West Loop, we are offering the right candidate the chance to work for a dynamic business in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving.
This is a fantastic paid opportunity for a recent graduate to gain agency experience in a startup environment with dynamic culture. Interested candidates should use the form below to submit their resume and portfolio, salary requirements and five reasons why this is the job and company for you. This is an internship to hire.
About the Role
Working alongside The Art Director, your projects will range from implementing social media strategy for the agency’s array of clients, to designing custom marketing materials and templates, contributing to branding projects, working alongside the video team and more. We’re looking for a passionate, creative recent graduate who studied graphic design and is eager to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and contribute to the success and culture of a growing agency.
The Role Responsibilities
- Contribute to the innovative visual strategies of each client with the ultimate goal of delivering on deadline and exceeding expectations
- Assist in design production from initial concepts to the final design product
- Create graphics and design templates for clients’ social media campaigns
- Collaborate with Writers, Content Strategists and, The Art Director to make sure all assignments are on-brand and client deadlines are met
- Support company branding initiatives by creating digital and print graphic design elements
- Research clients’ online presence to better understand their brand and vision
- Incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Contribute ideas to drive the company forward
Yakkety Yak is a fast-paced, startup environment where marketing, design and editorial excellence is considered a core competency, and employees are expected to continually improve upon this excellence. The ideal candidate for this position must exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- A recent college graduate with a degree in graphic design or a related field
- Professional knowledge of standard graphic design principles
- Fully capable of working with the Adobe Suites; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign efficiency is required
- Photography, web design, UX or UI design is a big plus
- Organized and highly-detail oriented
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take your own initiative, own your work, but also work collaboratively with teammates in all departments of the agency
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a Chicago-based, full-service content marketing agency that produces custom written content for businesses, including blogs, website copy, case studies, newsletters, social media marketing, public relations and more. Our goal is to be an extension of each client’s marketing team, helping connect them to end-users and decision influencers, based on the principle of one common voice, for one target audience. Yakkety Yak was built on the principle of writing for a specific audience, so that the customized content reaches the right consumer. With our client’s target audience in mind, we generate custom written content for any organization trying to stay relevant and send a clear message.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Share a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Provide a link to a digital portfolio
We can't wait to hear from you!